1. People are diverse and fascinating.
2. You can never learn enough about humans.
3. At Dordt there is an emphasis on a Christian view of the person.
4. It is (or at least should be) very holistic.
5. It helps me understand what people are actually going through.
6. Did I mention that it’s fascinating?
7. I can use this knowledge in any career, whether it be in psychology or not.
8. All people hurt at some point and this background gives me a basis for being able to effectively help.
9. We can do real and new research that can make a difference (or that we can do just to discover something).
10. It goes well with my desire to work with people with disabilities.