1. I felt bad because the other day a man and his daughter came in and they didn’t speak very much english at all. They looked like they might be from Spain or something. Anyways, the daughter was asking me (as best she could) if we had any “col-ono-sco-py boxes.” I asked her to repeat it because to me it sounded like she was asking for a colonoscopy box. I shudder at the thought. I never did figure out what they needed.
2. A man looked at my name on his way out and told me he liked it. No flirting, on questions, just that he liked my name. Sometimes I tell people I chose it myself, just in an attempt to be funny.
3. A man came in and said, “I know this may be a strange question, but I hope it’s not” (like he didn’t want to embarrass himself in front of me). “Do you know if you sell Dominoes?” Well, we most certainly do, so I assured him that it was not a strange question and pointed him to aisle seven, just past the toys, on the bottom shelf. I promise you we sell them, but after several minutes of searching he could not find them, so I guess we were out. I’m not sure he believed that I knew what I was talking about.
4. We have to put new coupon books, fliers, circulars, whatever you want to call them, out every week. One morning I was opening so I removed all the old ones and on my way to putting the new ones up I tried to balance them on my head, just for entertainment’s sake. About 10 minutes later a man was checking out and he said something along the lines of “Do they make you balance those very day?” I was confused until I realized he must have seen me putting up the fliers. hehe
5. There was an asian man…the fact that he is asian is of no importance. But there he was, on the candy aisle. I was facing that aisle, so I decided to ask him if he was finding everything alright. Pretty soon we were both standing there trying to feel the size of the M&M’s through the bags. He wanted ones that were as big as the peanut-filled ones but had no peanuts in them. Well, the normal M&M’s are much smaller, but he didn’t believe me, so since the customer is always right, I felt and read the label of every bag. He ended up leaving without any candy because he couldn’t find the exact M&M’s…which I’m pretty sure do not even exist at this point in time.