I saw this on Pinterest and followed the link to here: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2014/04/do-your-own-gel-manicure-at-home.html
This is a hack for a DIY Gel Manicure. All you need is the “Gel-ous” nail gel (found at Sally’s), any regular nail polish, and your favorite top coat. I used a really cheap nail polish color and my manicure lasted more than a week without chipping!
Once you have your three polishes, prepare your nails (or don’t, cause I didn’t and never do) and apply the polishes in this order:
1. Base coat of “Gel-ous” nail gel.
2. One coat of color polish.
3. Another coat of “Gel-ous” nail gel.
4. Another coat of color polish.
5. Finish up with your top coat. (If you want, you can finish up with one more gel-ous coat on top of the top coat but it’s not necessary).
Last at least a week without chipping, probably longer!
I like to change my nail polish often, so it’s not super important to me that it lasts a long time
It takes a long time to paint your nails because there are many coats, but it also takes each coat quite a while to dry because of the gel-ous formula.